The employee benefits business has become highly technical and is subjected to a great deal of legislation at both the federal and state level. It is a challenge, to say the least, to stay abreast of the wide-reaching and constantly changing compliance issues surrounding group benefit plans. But this is a critical task.
MMA Michigan will:
- Assign an Account Manager to sort through compliance actions and identify problems or opportunities for improvement.
- Provide clients and staff with the access to information they need, and explain legislation in a way that is simple for you and your staff to understand.
- Work with our clients’ attorneys and, if necessary, consult attorneys with whom we have relationships, who specialize in employee benefits issues.
- Conduct client seminars when major legislative changes occur, as well as produce newsletters on legislative changes.
- Review carrier/administrator benefit plans for “hidden liability,” such as COBRA, FASB 106 liabilities, HIPAA, etc.
- Systematize and make ERISA filing requirements much more efficient.